Hello everyone. Sorry it’s been so long since my last update, things have been busy. I only work on this when I have a chance and I finally got back to it. Since last time I finally got back to cutting parts for the scales. I got the katalox pieces cut and pieces of the purple heart and maple. Did some test fitting for size.
I should have spent more time here and put more thought into the walnut and purple heart pieces. Making them longer and more even would help later. I now decided to glue up he walnut and purple heart together, thinking three pieces would be easier to line up then five pieces later. I also cut my 45’s on the katalox.
After all was dry I did a little trimming and some more test fitting. Everything looks like it will come together nicely. Next I need to make a small jig to keep everything lined up during the final gluing of the scales. I still think I may have been a bit ambitious but I still think it will work out.
I’ll try not to take so long on the next entry. Thanks all who have been following this.
Go to Source
Powered by WPeMatico